Sunday, March 05, 2006

Oh God.

It's going to be plastered all over the news tomorrow, but I got the heads-up in the morning.

A J2 senior from VJC and DHS took his own life last night. I shall not claim I knew him and I'll leave it at that.

Suicide.. is seen by many as the coward's way out. A way to escape the pains and absolute shittiness of life by ending it and going over to the nothingness which is death. What they don't realise is it takes courage to do the act, whether by rope, gun or pill. So in his or her final moments, a craven makes the final, brave act, and decides to die.

We all fear death. It's true. Death is something absolute. No postcards have come from the afterlife saying, "Wish you were here. Having a great time." We fear Death because of the many unknowns it gives us, or we may fear it because of religion. No one wants to go to Hell.

Maybe he should have talked to someone. Maybe he should have asked for help. Maybe, maybe, maybe. So many alternatives that could have saved his young life. But what is done is done. He is no longer in the realm of the living, and nothing can bring him back to life.

My condolences to his family, and for all the turmoil they're going through, I wish them peace of mind and the hope that one day, it'll stop hurting so bad.

Although it most likely never will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home