Wednesday, August 02, 2006

No spork for j00.

I do not want to get sporked. Nonononono! It's like a combination of spooning and forking and it sounds like some kind of deviant sex position.

>_>

Uh. Anyway, on to Lit wing. Although technically it was called "Poetrait", but The Dark Lord Edgar Allen Poe had nothing to do with it sadly to say. It would have made the night much more interesting.

Poetrait is this poetry reading organised by NJC's Lit-wing, and it's a lot like VJ's Glossolalia. (Which all you DHS people couldn't come to because you were off in some desolate Malaysian backwater climbing Mt. Panty.)

I'm sorry to say it was drop-dead boring. The poetry was good, but it didn't grab your attention and you tended to drift off into other thoughts after the first few lines. It was held in a lecture theatre for Gods sake. Nobody pays attention in a Lecture theatre!

The only interesting bits were the poetry slam/performace and the sudden nose bleed I had half way through. Thank goodness Jasmine had wet napkins and Ernest had Tissue.

Oh, yes, the people who went for the performance. Let's see.

Me, Wynne, Tiffany, Genevieve, Jasmine, Grace, Ahnaf, Ernest, Pak, Ryan, random RI boy. All very nice people. Yes.

After the performace, (yes NJ people. IF we have Glosso next year, you're all duely invited!) The group of GEP/CAPpers (That means without Ernest or Ahnaf who vanished into the night, and Jasmine who went home) went to the Adam road hawker centre for eats. My noodles were not that good, but the company was hot, Hot, HOT!

Oh man, I sure as hell miss talking with friends and other GEPpers. I sound like some sort of Elitist bastard, yes, but I really do find the conversations a lot more intelligent, witty, and most importantly, fun. I felt refreshed when we left, and it wasn't just the rather awesome lime juice that they sold.

Pak is an awesome dude. 21, and very, very cool. Mature too, and a gentleman. xD

It was a really great night out overall. Just a bunch of us getting together and talking about music, the Gah-men and the Arts and anime of all things. Well, bunch in this ase meaning me, Wynne and Pak. Tiffany and Ryan were talking about canoeing and Gen and RI boy were.. sitting to one side. >_<

Sorry guys.

All in all, the night out was absolutely wonderful. We should get out together more I think. Like after the exams, go watch a movie, hang around in a place with air-conditioning.. Not to mention I get the see you lovely people again. (Maybe not really applicable to Pak, Ryan and random RI boy but, meh.)

I really, really miss GEP and the people in it. Gah.

Today was not a very good day. Scratch that. It hasn't been a very good week, two weeks, month, year whatever. I'm keeping myself afloat by reading good books, listening to good music and looking forward to the weekends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home